This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Click Winforms controlbox pauses sound out

Sep 20, 2015 at 4:00 PM
Hello Mark,

I´ve managed to work perfectly with your library so far (e.g. http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/990040/MultiWave-a-portable-multi-device-NET-audio-player), many thanks again.

Still the most annoying problem with clicking windows forms controlbox elements pausing sound output remains. Can you please fix this? I´ve tried all waveout callback methods without any success. To be compatible until win 95 I need the WaveOut winmm.dll way.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2015 at 6:36 AM
I'm pretty sure this is due to a garbage collection being triggered. I don't think there is anything that can be done about it I'm afraid.
Sep 22, 2015 at 2:02 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2015 at 6:21 PM
Can you point my to any literature or tell me the keywords where I can start for fixing it?
The issue can also be discovered when drop down list is opened. Thank you.
Sep 29, 2015 at 6:23 PM
Mark, I tested the CSCore IWavePlayers and none of them had this issue!!! Could you please fix NAudio according to their source?

I really would like to stay working with your library.
Coordinator
Sep 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM
That's interesting. The CSCore library does share quite a bit of code with NAudio, and has some nice improvements on top. I'd be very glad to cooperate with them if they were willing to share their enhancements with us. I don't know in this case what changes they have that are helping out in this area.
Oct 1, 2015 at 7:37 AM
I don´t think they would share them, but it´s not forbidden to learn from their source.

How you implement it in Detail, is another question ;) So far I couldn´t figure out, what enhances their code. But I assume it´s a threading issue.
Oct 15, 2015 at 9:39 PM
Push