This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Multichannel from buffered streams

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:05 PM
looking to use my onboard realtek 7.1 to drive a whole house audio amp for 4 different inputs\ mp3\shout streams . So I would need to have 4 difference circular buffers, presume convert them to a common wave format, multiplex them and play.

Also might want to have the choice to use local mp3's instead of streams on one channel, but I presume I could insert the file bytes into the buffer instead of the socket data.

Any Suggestions ?

Thanks in Advance :)
Mike
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2014 at 8:58 PM
hi Mike, I think you are along the right lines. The multiplexer can take inputs from BufferedWaveProviders or Mp3FileReaders, so as long as all input formats were the same it should just work. You might want to make custom streams to let you queue up MP3s, and handle the conversion.
Apr 29, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Thanks Mark,

I’ve had great success since that post with multiplexing and currently have both streams and files playing to front and rear channels.

My latest issue is determining when the mp3file is near the end so I can crossfade the next track in the directory.

Trying to roll my own whole house audio engine to a 6 input 12 zone amp, If I can use 3 of the channels to play a directory of Top 100 Mp3’s and two local streams(Rock and Bubblegum) I think I’ll have wife approval!

Keep up the great work!

Regards,

Mike