This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Complicated demo source?

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Edited Mar 26, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Why are the source code demo's so complicated? The idea of a demo is to show people how to use the library. Using a myriad of user-controls is very cryptic for a developer trying to learn the basics with your library.

BTW the 1.5 source code does not compile -

C:\Development\C Sharp\NAudio\NAudio-Source\MidiFileConverter\MidiFileConverter.csproj : error  : Unable to read the project file 'MidiFileConverter.csproj'.

C:\Development\C Sharp\NAudio\NAudio-Source\MidiFileConverter\MidiFileConverter.csproj: The project file could not be loaded. Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Development\C Sharp\NAudio\NAudio-Source\MidiFileConverter\MidiFileConverter.csproj'.

It seems the MidiFileConverter directory is completely missing.

Also  - your email address software@wordandspirit.co.uk also fails.

Great work BTW - just hard to get a grasp on it with the addition of user controls.

Coordinator
Mar 27, 2012 at 1:33 PM

hi Rimsey,

I'm sorry you find the code complicated. NAudio is a library for going beyond simple tasks like audio playback, which you can use SoundPlayer or MediaElement for. It is for when you want access to the raw samples, so by its nature it will be more complicated. The NAudioDemo project contains lots of small demos showing different uses. There is the simple audio playback form which shows very basic playback.

The source code zip file for 1.5 is indeed missing a project, but i always recommend using Mercurial to get the latest source code anyway. The source zip will be fixed for the next release.

That email address is an old one. Best way to get in touch is through codeplex.

Mark

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM
markheath wrote:

NAudio is a library for going beyond simple tasks like audio playback, which you can use SoundPlayer or MediaElement for. It is for when you want access to the raw samples, so by its nature it will be more complicated.

Mark

Exactly! so why complicate it even more with the use of plugin usercontrols?

Really... great work though. I really am a fan I am just gettting a bit frustrated trying to follow all the code around to do relatively simple tasks.

thanks again

Rimmel

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Edited Aug 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Hi, any chance of putting the missing library up ? - can't use library in strongly signed solution as binaries are not strongly signed and can't build signed binaries as library missing - kind of a show stopper right now. Can be added as a separate link if its easier (until next build/drop)

Cheers,

Wolf

PS: Love it, just love it ;)

//--Work Around (for signed assembly) - Here's what I did for now (and worked fine).

- Delete reference in project to NAudio.dll

- Start VS2010 Command Prompt

- CD'd to NAudio.DLL directory

- Createrd a random SNK keypair file using [SN.EXE -k NAudio.snk]

- Disasembled NAudio.dll to IL using [ildasm /all /out=NAudio.il NAudio.dll]

- Rebuilt IL with strong key pair using ILASM [ilasm /dll /key=NAudio.snk NAudio.il]

- Re-added recference to NAudio.dll in my project

- F6 rebuilt in VS2010, and all was good with the world :)

Note: You may want to back up NAudio.dll (as an un-signed version first).

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2012 at 8:14 AM

The source code zip for NAudio 1.5 is missing files, but you can get the full source code for any version from the Source Code tab above.