This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Installing NAudio into the GAC

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Hello,

I am trying to use NAudio in conjunction with VST.NET so that I do not have to create every control that I want to use on my synthesizer from scratch. I have spent a while trying to get NAudio to register in the GAC, because when I add an NAudio component to my VST.NET GUI and then try to validate the outputted VST, I get an error that says "Inner Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'NAudio ... ' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I added the DLL to the references folder in my project, but I had to manually add the components into the toolbox in visual studio. NAudio works fine in a separate project that is simply a WFA and not connected with VST.NET in any way (as I can run the project and mess with the controls and return values), but I'd really like to get it connected to VST.NET. I tried rebuilding the NAudio project for x64, as I saw that was a problem with other people, but I got the same result.

If you have any suggestions for me on what I could do, let me know. I'm trying to make this work for my senior project, and if I need to create the controls myself, I can, but I really want to see if I can get NAudio to work for me first.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Jake

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I've not got much experience with registering things in the GAC. You could try asking on StackOverflow