This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Mixer - Audio Streams

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:20 PM
Edited Apr 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to code my own Audio Mixer. Can I do that with NAudio? I believe I need the ISimpleAudioVolume Interface for that. Is that correct?

Best wishes,

Schneider

Coordinator
May 6, 2010 at 1:56 PM

what are you trying to mix exactly? the WaveMixer32 class allows you to mix wavestreams.

Mark

May 6, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Hi Mark,

You know the VolumeMixer from Windows 7 and Vista? You can adjust the volume for each application. Thats really cool, but I would like to have it with shortcuts. So Im trying to code my own mixer application. That is what I want.

Greetings,

Schneider

Coordinator
May 6, 2010 at 4:22 PM
I see. I'm not sure whether this is possible as I don't think Win 7 & Vista let you enumerate the mixer inputs for each application. I wanted to build the same thing myself a few years back in Vista, but was not able to do so. I have however heard of people managing to write similar things, so maybe it is possible now. Mark
May 6, 2010 at 5:02 PM
Look at this commercial software: http://www.actualsolution.com/power_mixer/ So, it works. But, my software shouldn't be so overloaded like that one.
Coordinator
May 12, 2010 at 11:01 AM

sure, but unfortunately I'm not actively looking into this area of NAudio at the moment, so unless someone else contributes the necessary code, it will have to wait

Mark