This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Playback/Recording Volume Controls & Mute

Oct 22, 2009 at 12:02 PM

I'm looking at your (very extensive) NAudio library to be able to control the mixer playback and recording volumes as well as mute selected devices.  As you know (probably painfully) there is quite a difference between Vista audio and everything that came before it.  I'd like to find one way to control these values regardless whether the code is running on Vista or previous Windows versions.  Can you point me in the right direction to find information about how to do this with NAudio? 

Many thanks,

Steve

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Hi Steve,

yes I am painfully aware of this. I recently tried to write code that could control your microphone recording level that worked on both Vista and XP. I found it next to impossible (short of writing two sets of code, one for XP and one for Vista). If I ever do work out a solution, you can be sure I'll add it in to NAudio

Mark

Oct 22, 2009 at 12:40 PM
LOL... I'm not surprised! What a pain, huh? Thanks for the reply and great work!
sr

Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:38 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Playback/Recording Volume Controls & Mute [naudio:72769]

Hi Steve,

yes I am painfully aware of this. I recently tried to write code that could control your microphone recording level that worked on both Vista and XP. I found it next to impossible (short of writing two sets of code, one for XP and one for Vista). If I ever do work out a solution, you can be sure I'll add it in to NAudio

Mark