This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Windows WACK Validation

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Does the current Beta version pass WACK validation for supported APIs? Naudio offers a perfect tool for a project I'm working on. If there is a way I could help to test or distribute I would love to, though I am a pretty amateur in C# terms.

I'm currently only using NAudio to capture PCM data from the Microphone, if that would change anything.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2014 at 9:11 AM
No, I haven't run it through WACK myself, but someone sent me a list of issues. I have addressed them all with the exception that I don't know how you are supposed to create the Resampler MFT in WinRT or if you are even allowed to.

I've actually added a fully managed resampler to NAudio which I may drop in to resolve this, although I'd prefer to work out how to instantiate the MFT resampler.
Apr 23, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Sorry it took me a little while to dig it up, is this any help to you?

It is possible to write custom MFT for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.1. You can find a sample project here: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Media-extensions-sample-7b466096#content
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2014 at 7:14 PM
thanks for the link, that looks like an interesting demo.
BTW, the latest NAudio source code should pass WACK validation now. (NuGet release to follow shortly)