Any news on an equalizer?

Feb 19 at 8:46 AM
Does anyone have some good examples of how to build an equalizer with NAudio? when do we see this i the library? I would really appriciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thank you.
Feb 19 at 9:18 AM
Feb 19 at 9:28 AM
Thanks, i've seen that, but it's 4 years old, i thought some new stuff maybe existed today? :)
Coordinator
Feb 19 at 11:39 AM
NAudio has a BiQuad filter, which you could use for individual bands of an equaliser.
Feb 19 at 11:40 AM
Hi Mark, do you have any sample on that?
Coordinator
Feb 19 at 11:44 AM
I'm afraid the only sample so far is when I used it as part of a synthesizer in my NAudio pluralsight course. It's definitely on the list of bits of NAudio I want to include as demos in the sample code though.
Feb 19 at 11:46 AM
Hm, can't download anything without a subscription.. :D do you have the sample any other place?
Coordinator
Feb 24 at 8:44 AM
afraid not at the moment. The BiQuad filter isn't that hard to use though. Hopefully I'll find time to add a demo in the not too distant future
Feb 26 at 10:15 AM
I know that this is the discussion place of naudio, but I've had exactly the same Problem a few days ago. I could not find a good implementation of a eq for NAudio.
So I've posted my question on stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22018898/sound-with-equalizer
I've got perfectly working example on how to use the cscore library to create an eq. So since, NAudio does not includes this feature, I would recommend you to use CSCore. Could not find any bugs so far. And anyway. It includes the same and even more features than NAudio does. So if you are still looking for a working eq ... give it a try. It worked for me (y).
Coordinator
Feb 26 at 10:48 AM
glad you got an answer.

I have mixed feelings about CSCore - it rips off a lot of my NAudio code (plus others contributions) without giving any credit. But there are some nice ideas in there, and shame they couldn't have been contributed to NAudio.

The Equalizer in cscore simply uses multiple instances of a BiQuad filter and would be quite easy to recreate in NAudio.
Coordinator
Feb 26 at 1:53 PM
I've added a simple 8 band Equalizer demo to the WPF demo for NAudio. Will promote it to be part of the main library eventually.
Mar 6 at 11:26 AM
Thank you! i'll take a look at it when i get the time..
Mar 10 at 10:10 PM
Right what i needed, thank you!
Mar 12 at 8:22 PM
Got this working in my project now.. again thanks!
Jun 17 at 12:03 AM
I've added a simple 8 band Equalizer demo to the WPF demo for NAudio. Will promote it to be part of the main library eventually.

Is the code available now?

thx
Coordinator
Jun 17 at 8:09 AM
yes, it's in the WPF demo (look here). It's just not part of NAudio yet. Just copy the files you need into your own project.