Panning Provider doesn't quite fully attentuate left/right audio

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM
When I try to shift the audio balance between the left and right speaker, I don't seem to fully get rid of the audio from the side that is not supposed to get any audio. There seems to be a bleed effect of sorts to the opposite speaker.

I still do hear the balance shift between the left and right speaker and I do see that the array element for the speaker not getting audio is set to 0.

Just wondering if this could be a sound card issue or perhaps poor headphones that have some sort of cross-over issues.

Please and thank you.
Paul
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2013 at 12:09 PM
The pan strategy should have a multiplier for 0 for right channel if you pan all the way left. So if the audio coming out of the PanningSampleProvider is correctly zeroing all the right-hand samples, then it must be something strange going on with the playback.
Try feeding the panned audio into a WAV file and looking in Audacity or an audio file editor to check that your panning really is silencing one channel.
Dec 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Hi,

I have a problem like this.

I have set one channel of the wave file to zero while playing, but I hear a little sound exactly same as the other channel that is not touched.

I am not sure if I have problem or not, because if I listen the file while playing, I could not heard the little sound with some speakers, but I can hear it with other speakers.

I am sure that my manipulation is true, because I have recorded the file and have analyzed it in Audacity. (One channel is zero after manipulation)

My question is:

1) Is Panning equal to setting one channel bytes to zero?
2) Can it be a sound card or speaker problem? (cross-talk effect ,etc.)
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM
If the saved file has silence on the channel, then is is likely some kind of cross-talk is going on with some of our speakers.