Make build with internal class ASIODriver public?

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Hi,

at first: please excuse my bad english.

We developed a commercial application which uses NAudio. But since we developed some custom sort of WaveProvider we need to access the internal class ASIODriver in NAudio.

Would it be okay to make a custom build settings these ASIO classes to "public"?

If so, how should we name that assembly? I dont think it would be a good idea to name it also NAudio because of the slight modification. Should we rename the assembly to "NAudio_mod" (for example) to match license requirements?

Thanks for all replies in advance,
Z74
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Hi, NAudio uses the Microsoft Public License (MS-PL), which is very permissive, and allows you to take the code and use it within your own commercial applications. It would be best if you change the assembly name slightly. If it is only one class you are changing, you might even find you can just copy the code for that class out and use it instead - NAudio is fairly loosely coupled.

If the changes you have made are not too specific to your particular application, you might want to consider sharing them here. If they would benefit other NAudio users, I could perhaps incorporate them into the core library.

And if you want to share the a link to your commercial application, I'd be glad to reference it on the homepage of the NAudio project.

Mark