This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

WaveIn stops after unplugging the Mic jack

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Hi

There's a strange problem with WaveIn. When I unplug the Mic jack, recording stops and I can't start it again. I just can start it again if I close the program and open it again.

I followed the problem and found that after unplugging the Mic jack, the program receives WaveInterop.WaveMessage.WaveInClose message.

I have an onboard Realtek High Definition Audio.

Thanks in advance

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM

You should get a RecordingStopped message, probably with an Exception set. You'd need to dispose WaveIn, and create a new one to start recording again.

Nov 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I exactly did that, but it doesn't work. To my surprise the windows native sound recorder program works exactly like my application. In both programs (my program and windows sound recorder) I have to close the program and open it again.

Nov 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM

sounds like a driver problem then

Nov 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Yes, but I just can't understand that what's the relation of this problem and closing the programs. It seems that something doesn't release after disposing the WaveIn. How it's possible?

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I couldn't find the main problem of the software part, but I solved this problem by disabling the "front panel jack detection" in Realtek HD Audio Manager software. I hope it can help some one.