This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Hook stream into WindowsMediaPlayer

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Is it possible to hook an audio file accessed by NAudio into the WindowsMediaPlayer widget?  I kind of like their widget ...

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:15 PM

How do I get access to the NAudio components I see in the Demo?  They are not showing up in my project.  I have added the NAudio.dll (version 1.5), and I am using it in the project.  Running Visual Studio 2010, VB.

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2012 at 8:19 PM

what components do you mean? there are some bits of code in the demo that is not part of NAudio, just an example of how you can use NAudio.

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:28 PM

When I look at the AudioPlaybackPanel.cs [Design] form, I see a list of "NAudio Components" in the Toolbox panel to the left of my IDE.  I am asking how I can get access to those components.  In the panel, for example, "VolumeSlider1" seems to be one of those components.

I can't seem to find or add those components in a new Project I have created with NAudio.dll as a reference.  I do see the NAudio components named in the Object Browser within my new project.  Sorry, I should know how to do this ...

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2012 at 8:33 PM

OK, I think you can rightclick in your toolbox panel and click "select components" or something like that if I remember correctly.

Mark

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Peviously, when adding a missing tool, I had gone into Tools->Choose Toolbox Items, then selected a missing component.

In your Demo project, for example, you can see your NAudio tools (widgets/components) available within the .NET Framework Components tab within the Choose Toolbox Items popup form.

I do not have those NAudio tools available to add from within my new Project's Choose Toolbox Items->.NET Framework Components list.  Perhaps I am not properly including the NAudio namespace or Assembly or something.

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Maybe they are only available in C# projects.

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2012 at 9:28 PM

right-click toolbox, cselect "Choose Items", then in the dialog that appears, select Browse to open up the NAudio dll.

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Edited Feb 1, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Hah!  Perfect, thank you.  Donated 50.