This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is this Library getting audio data that was not filtered?

Jul 26, 2011 at 8:38 AM

I am confused if NAudio Library is receiving audio data that was not filtered. Maybe data were filtered along under some API.

for my new project, we want to use this library to capture data that includes ultrasonic wave data.

this wave are those that cannot be heard by the adult human. its frequency i think ranges from 18-20khz.

That is what i want to do and want to know if you guyz here has something helpful.

Jul 26, 2011 at 9:31 AM

NAudio does not filter the recorded data at all.

Mark

Jul 26, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Thanks for the reply...

Is the audio data retrieve from WASAPI(exclusive mode) considered raw data? that was not yet changed?

Jul 26, 2011 at 9:38 AM

yes, it is given to us directly from the soundcard

Jul 26, 2011 at 9:51 AM

I see. Thanks.

Maybe my application is always running,

does always capturing and playing sound through exclusive mode make the other application not able to use the sound resources?

like for example I am recording sound for 4 hours, while recording, can other application use the microphone? 

does playing on exclusive mode makes other application to wait for the availability of the speaker?

Jul 26, 2011 at 9:53 AM

with WASAPI, exclusive mode means that only your application can access the soundcard.

Jul 26, 2011 at 9:57 AM

thank you very much for the immediate response...it helps a lot.