This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Newbie: How To Find Specific Class in Source Code

Jul 18, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Hi Folks,

This is a newbie question so if it should go somewhere else, just let me know.  I'm not new to programming but I am new to C#.

I'm hacking together a simple app to read a data stream from a .mp3/wav file and then feed that stream (chunk by chunk) into some kind of FFT thingy so I can display a frequency spectrum.

I find myself looking at the examples and when putting the code into VC# 2010 Express, I'm getting errors that I can't figure out. 

I would be better off if I could find the source code for interface IWaveIn and class WaveIn.  I've looked and looked and can't seem to find it.  It seems the search mechanism doesn't help and it appears I can't download the source code so I'm restricted to the interface provided.

Where do I find documentation on the classes and interfaces, organized by name?

Any advise is appreciated!

Bill

Editor
Jul 19, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Hi Bill,

Have you looked at the documentation and the tutorials on the site? http://naudio.codeplex.com/documentation

Make sure that you have downloaded a source version, if you can compile from source then you should be able to find what you’re looking for by using the search option and searching through the whole project rather than open files.

For this sort of question, which isn't specifically an NAudio question, it's better that you ask the question on StackOverflow.

Regards,
Sebastian

Jul 19, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Sebastian,

Thanks, this was the direction I needed.  Pretty soon I'll know enough to ask a better question!!

Bill