This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

A little direction in capturing mixing and streaming audio

Jun 3, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Hi all. I have a project that requires me to capture the audio from about eight different sources, mix them then stream it to another PC over a lan or the internet.

I see Naudio as the way to go, but there appears to be a shortage of documentation and a wealth of examples.

So can anyone give me a brief outline of which methods to use and in which order. Im not looking for a code just pointers in the right direction.

The pc will either have multiple sound cards with mic/line in or one card with multiple inputs.

the code has to run on Xp as well as windows 7 so I assume I need to start with WaveIn.

After that someway to mix all the wavein outputs, then out via a tcp connection?

I mainly code in vb.net but I can cope with c# if you need to use code snippits.

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:10 AM

I would probably connect each WaveIn to a BufferedWaveProvider, and then use those BufferedWaveProviders as inputs to a Mixer stream. You could probably use the WaveMixer32 class to do the mixing, although you will need a couple of extra stages in your audio pipeline to turn the BufferedWaveProviders into WaveChannel32. I'm hoping to include more example classes that make this easier for people in NAudio 1.5.

Mark

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:22 AM

I would probably connect each WaveIn to a BufferedWaveProvider, and then use those BufferedWaveProviders as inputs to a Mixer stream. You could probably use the WaveMixer32 class to do the mixing, although you will need a couple of extra stages in your audio pipeline to turn the BufferedWaveProviders into WaveChannel32. I'm hoping to include more example classes that make this easier for people in NAudio 1.5.

Mark