This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Playing .wav to modem (output through phone line)

Mar 4, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I found an example on line of someone that had played an MP3 through his phone line.  This was the first I had ever seen NAudio, and I had been looking for a library to help me do this for a week already. 

That example is here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/184683/play-audio-from-a-stream-using-c

I'm still trying to learn the NAudio structure, and am trying to figure out how I would go about doing something like this in a little more simple of a form.  I just want to play one single audio .wav file through the modem.  Which WaveOut type would be recommended for this, and does anyone have any sort of sample code that shows how to do this?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.  I'm continuing to study the examples that came with the library, and any other examples I can get my hands on to try to find a good solution.

Mike

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM

FYI for anyone reading this, I'm dumb.  I read through that code example about 4am, and I don't know why, but I swear I thought it was sending the mp3 through the phone.  Obviously, it's not.  If anyone has any great advice on how to do this, please, PLEASE, send it my way, preferably with a good code example and the correct using statements and references needed.  I really need to get this test program working last week, and I'm having a hell of a time.

Mike

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Hi Mike,

I think this would only be possible if you have a WaveOut device that represents the modem. If you did have it, theoretically you could play anything to it.

Mark